SQL Server DBA
SQL Server DBA
6+ month contract
SQL Server database administrator (DBA) to join Softworld’ s client DBA team in Atlanta, GA. This DBA will support the production support DBA team by maintaining and enhancing the client production environment jobs. This DBA will also support database back-up for the team. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow alongside a team of Sr. DBA professionals with the potential to get extended long-term or convert to full-time with the client in Atlanta, GA. The role requires full-time onsite work in Atlanta, GA.
- 2+ years of SQL Server DBA experience.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Preferred: Large enterprise work experience
- Ensures all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’ s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
- Tests backups to ensure we can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
- Troubleshoots SQL Server service outages and put in place processes and procedures to minimize recurrence of outages.
- Configures SQL Server monitoring utilities (native and third party) to alert on potential problems before they occur and respond appropriately.
- Installs and configures new SQL Servers and refresh existing SQL Servers according to best practices. Ideally designing an unattended install script that applies all configurations.
- Deploys database change scripts provided by third party vendors & in-house development teams