Network Management Systems Engineer
Network/ System Engineer
Our client is seeking a Network Management System Engineer at Hanscom AFB. This is a full-time position.
· Work with the Chief Engineer to develop requirements for the Contract. Determine if work should be done from BASE/NOSC level and work all leg work with bases/NOSC to allow this to happen.
· Develop TRD and other needed requirements for package.
· Work with acquisition team on the PIP/Strategy.
· Perform market research as necessary.
· Extract relevant information from HNI programs using various tools to identify strengths/weaknesses.
· 5+ years experience in a network or system engineering role. Bachelor’ s degree in a related field.
· Must be able to meet DoD 8570 requirements.
· Advanced industry network certifications, such as CISSP, CSSLP, or CASP highly desired.
· Must have IT System Engineering experience integrating and troubleshooting Windows, Unix, and Linux. Knowledge of Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Oracle, and IBM systems.
· Demonstrated experience integrating IT network Windows, Unix, and Linux-based systems.
· Demonstrated knowledge of leading edge server technologies, devices and products including Linux, Windows Server, Unix, Cisco routers, NextGen Firewalls/Palo Alto, Juniper routers, Cisco/Juniper/Brocade switches, Broadcom, VPN devices.
· Demonstrated hands-on experience integrating leading edge networking devices and products such as firewalls, proxies, IPS/IDS, routers, switches, and network management tools.
· Experience in the AF IT field or Network Operations Centers is highly desired. Knowledge of security and network management technologies, devices and products.
· Hands on experience with Routing and Switching WAN/LAN. Able to troubleshoot issues with Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows Vista/7, and virtual network environments.
· Understanding of SOA and virtualization technologies such as VMware, ESX/vCenter/vSphere, NAS/SAN, and Blade.
· Experience with military communications, IT Networking, and Network Operations standards and technologies. Knowledge and experience preparing and implementing AF Technical Orders and Time Compliant Technical Orders (TCTO).
· Knowledge of AF communications and AF IT infrastructure. Experience working in DoD/USAF Acquisition Program Offices.
· Must have demonstrated knowledge of large scale IT networks and network boundary devices, to include experience in network boundary upgrade planning and sustainment.