Grand Prairie, TX
Our client in the Dallas, TX, area is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to support a Tactical Missiles (TM) Line of Business Development Program with design experience using Pro/e Creo and very strong drawing preparation skills.
- The candidate will perform conceptual and detail design of missile system and subsystem components, create/release drawings, support design reviews, and support supplier/customer meetings.
- The engineer must be proficient in Pro-E/CREO, have good communication skills, be capable of performing trade studies / materials analysis, and be able to work with internal and external customers.
- Tasks assigned may include generation of Interface Control Drawings (ICD), generation of Instructional Engineering Release (IER) documents, creation of 3D solid models and 2D drawings, and performance of tolerance analyses (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, Statistical Tolerance Applications).
- Effort will require coordination of design(s) with other mechanical, technical, and cross functional disciplines, and familiarity with hardware integration and testing. During hardware procurement, the candidate will perform engineering liaison type tasks and will be required to have specific experience with Material Review Board (MRB) initiatives.
- The candidate shall be familiar with manufacturing, and manufacturing processes, and be capable of collaborating with other technical staff members within Engineering and other cross functional teams (Manufacturing, Quality, Procurement, DCMA, Customer) in order to salvage procured hardware and maintain hardware process flow.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. citizenship is required. Active Security Clearance required at the time of hire.