Information System Security Engineer (ISSE)
Information System Security Engineer
Softworld Inc.’ s Client is seeking an Information System Security Engineer to support all aspects of acquisition, system engineering reviews, and milestone entrance/exit criteria for the Command, Control, Communication, Intelligence and Networks (C3I&N) Directorate.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducting information system security engineering activities.
- Capture and refine information security requirements and ensure that the requirements are effectively integrated into information technology component products and information systems through purposeful security architecting, design, development, and configuration.
- Function as an integral part of the development team to include designing and developing organizational information systems or upgrading legacy systems.
- Employ best practices when implementing security controls within an information system including software engineering methodologies, system/security engineering principles, secure design, secure architecture, and secure coding techniques.
- Coordinate their security-related activities with information security architects, senior information security officers, information system owners, common control providers, and information system security officers.
- 7+ years experience with cybersecurity, information assurance, and certification and accreditation.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Must be able to meet DoD 8570 requirements for IAT Level II.
- Must have a strong understanding of security policy advocated by the U.S. Government including Department of Defense and appropriate civil agencies, e.g., NIST.
- General experience includes development of both common user and special purpose command and control/ information systems with increasing responsibilities in the scope and magnitude of the systems for which solutions have been implemented.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.Must be able to work as part of a team or independently.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.