IT Systems Engineer
IT Systems Engineer
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. citizenship is required. This position requires an active Top Secret Clearance.
The IT Systems Engineer is a key member in several small to medium sized dynamic research and development environments in which they support the day-to-day activities of users, perform system maintenance and upkeep of Information Technology and the design, development, documentation and deployment of IT solutions. The candidate will have responsibilities to support IT technology that will cover a wide array of competencies such as data administration, knowledge management, customer service, technical support, network services, system administration and systems security analysis.
· Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, or a related field and 4-6 years of relevant experience, or 8+ years of experience
· Must have and be able to maintain a Top Secret clearance; SCI and Polygraph eligibility highly desired.
· Solid knowledge of the following regulations: JAFAN 6/3, DCID 6/3, NISPOM, NIST RMF and ICD 503.
· One or more professional certifications in accordance with DoD 8570.1, such as Network+, Security+, GSEC or CISSP is required.
· Vendor specific certifications from Cisco, Microsoft or Dell are desired.
· Experience with Windows 7, 8, 10; Server 2010, 2013, 2016 and Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016 required.
· Knowledge of and implementation experience with security technologies and architecture, including encryption, network security, firewall configuration, intrusion detection, servers and workstations.
· Strong knowledge of client/server environments, group policies, domain services and networking.
· Demonstrated experience with infrastructure implementation, administration and day-to-day monitoring and troubleshooting.
· Basic Linux experience along with orchestration/automation solution knowledge is a plus.
· Develops and conducts tests of systems to evaluate compliance with specifications and requirements by applying principles and methods for cost-effective planning, evaluating, verifying, and validating of technical, functional, and performance characteristics (including interoperability) of systems or elements of systems incorporating IT.
· Installs, configures, tests, operates, maintains, and manages networks and their firewalls, including hardware (switches, routers, cables, proxy servers, and protective distributor systems) and software that permit the sharing and transmission of all spectrum transmissions of information to support the security of information and information systems.
· Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains server configurations (hardware and software) to ensure their confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Also manages accounts, firewalls, and patches. Responsible for access control/ passwords/ account creation and administration.
· Works closely with ISSM group to ensure system accreditation process is followed including maintenance of standard operating procedures, network drawings and configuration documentation.
· Responsible for day to day support and maintenance of IT infrastructure systems (e.g. servers, workstations, switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, encryption devices)