C/C++ & Python Software Developer
Mountain View, CA
Softworld client is seeking a Software Developer with C/C++ and Python development experience to support a long term government contract.
Softworld client provides High Performance Computing services throughout the HPC lifecycle for computational requirements, architecture, acquisition, and operations to federal government customers.
An individual at this skill level should have demonstrated his/her problem solving ability in the appropriate area of expertise with numerous technical publications and formal technical presentations, and should have some experience in mentoring and leading others in small team environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and develop enhancements to the PBSPro (Portable Batch System) batch scheduler based on customer-driven requirements
• Write and shepherd scalable features designs through the entire software development process, from requirements and use cases to shipping product
• Apply best practices in software engineering, delivering projects on time, on budget, and with excellent quality
• Provide support to staff and end users to resolve batch scheduler issues
• Modify existing software to correct errors and/or improve performance
• Mentoring junior staff and cross training peers
• After hours/weekend support as required
Requirements Education/Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other technical discipline required plus 5 years of experience.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience developing system software in heterogeneous, multi-platform environments, but less experience is okay
• A minimum of 3 years of Linux/UNIX user experience
• Proficiency in C/C++, Python and shell scripting
• Experience with revision control software (CVS, SVN, Git)
• Track record of delivering commercial quality software on schedule with excellent quality through multiple release cycles
• Excellent communication and people skills; excellent time management and organizational skills
• Strong ability to analyze, debug and maintain the integrity of an existing code base
• Strong computer science background with in-depth systems-level knowledge in operating systems and networking
• Solid understanding of the software development process, including requirements, use cases, design, coding, documentation and testing of scalable, distributed applications in a Linux environment.
• Superior programming skills and excellent attention to detail
• Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work, and ability to multitask
• Good communication skills to communicate with support personnel, customer, and managers
• Experience developing PBSPro (Portable Batch System) or other batch scheduler systems
• Familiarity with High Performance Computing (HPC) environment and related technologies
• Linux system administration experience is a big plus
• Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP), OpenStack, and Kubernetes